A carpet can be made using different materials like Wool, Cotton, Leather, Jute, etc. All these materials have different properties and features that give a carpet its identity.
- Carpet made of wool are resistant to wear and tear and can look like new for years.
- Give warmth to the room and also absorb moisture up to 40% of their weight.
- Extremely soft and comfortable to walk on.
- Reflect light in different directions and hence are not very shiny.
- Prevent accumulation of static electricity.
- Silk gives a very shiny and lustrous look to carpets.
- Look elegant and have a distinctive high gloss shine.
- They have an incredible natural property displaying different colors when viewed from different angles.
- No allergies associated with silk.
- In spite of its delicate and fragile appearance, they are very sturdy and reliable.
- Light weight and resistant to shrinkage, surface abrasion and fracture.
- Jute carpets are environment friendly due to their recyclable nature.
- They are sturdy and stain resistant.
- Due to low cost of fabrication, these carpets are cheaper.
- Cotton carpets hold their shape well and do not get disfigured easily
- They are cheaper than wool and silk carpets.
- Cotton as a fabric has ‘breathing’ property. It absorbs and releases moisture quickly.
- Easy to clean and washable. They also have low drying time.
- Soft on touch and comfortable to walk on.
- Ideally mimics natural silks and provides a cheaper alternative of Silk carpets.
- These carpets acquire polish with ease and preserve their texture and color for a long time.
- Soft and rich feel with a shiny texture. They look bright and colorful.
- Pile doesn’t get tramples under weight and regains its shape quickly.
6. Leather/ Natural Hide
- Natural hide or animal skin is used.
- They are sturdy and have a long life.
- Look very rich and sophisticated. They make any room look luxurious and are good at emphasizing the social status of any owner.
- Soft on touch and are stain resistant.